Managing Director of a Swiss subsidiary of building automation (entrance-, access control-, door-, window-and security systems) of a German parent company
Swiss subsidiary of a German parent company.
Building Technology & Automation.
About the company:
The Group is one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers of industrial entrance systems and smart system solutions for door, window and safety technology within all kinds of building applications. It stands for innovation and ultimate quality in products, processes and service.
With its workforce of 3200 employees, it generated in 2019 a total turnover of 448+ Mio. EUR.
Roles, Tasks & Key Topics:
Executive Managing Director
Full P&L responsibility of the Swiss subsidiary
Head Sales International / Member of Management Team
- Restructure organization in terms of financial and market performance
- Manage turnaround within a defined time frame
- Realign organization and increase significantly market reputation and customer retention
Key Factors of Success:
- Turnaround Management
- Restructuring and Reorganization
- Change Management
- Reputation Building
- Development of masterplan with focus on turnaround management.
Set-up strategy and action plans for recapitalization, financial performance, organizational realignment, product innovation and sustainable growth (sales, EBIT). Took measures for enhancing headcount and for empowering people in approach to drive and achieve results. Ensured three years sales and profit budget planning.
- Balanced operational setting through active financial management.
Took immediate financial/controlling actions concerning financial accounting, cash-management, dunning process, recapitalization and contracting. Reached financial and operational balance in daily business after 6 months.
- Executed reorganization of sales division.
Introduced new sales structure (sales and project consulting) with recruitment of project consultants. Increased market penetration (offer load) with potential oriented market and customer approach through ABC-customer analysis, backed and monitored by sophisticated IT-tools (CRM, SAP-R3).
- Significant increase of process capability and capacity in sales/service administration.
Redesigned process landscape in aligning sales and service department to a customer-oriented order and service processing structure.
- Focused on market orientation – introduced EUR-pricing in wholesale/retail business.
Regained competitive advantage and reputation in wholesale/retail business in introducing EUR-pricing, target discounts and a performing bonification system.